Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On A Stick


I really love this photo from food photographer/blogger Matt Armendariz's cookbook On A Stick. Those mojito melon skewers look like the perfect post-beach treat, and the frozen bananas (which I've only had twice in my life, the first time was when I was very young on Canada Day someone was selling them in our little town park - this left a big impression on me) I will always associate with the Frozen Banana stand in Arrested Development. They look like they require some prep, but surely they can't be that hard to assemble?

A year or so ago I discovered his blog Matt Bites and found a link to his photography portfolio. It has since been updated so my all-time favourite dessert photo guaranteed to induce salivation and sweet cravings has disappeared forever. It was a rustic baking tin filled with what looked like a home-made twix bar in cake form: biscuit base, caramel centre, and dark chocolate layer on top.