Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Feast For The Eyes

I am admittedly late getting on board Katie Quinn Davies' foodblog, What Katie Ate, and only accidentally happened across it recently on pinterest, of all places.

I was searching for images of cake (why not?) and kept coming across these ethereally-lit photos that were more like paintings than photographs. After following several links I came across Katie's website and have been pouring over her archives ever since. It has all the right ingredients (ahem) that one would want in a foodie blog: recipes, well-written anecdotes about food and travels, and pictures - oh, the pictures! Some of them remind me of rustic Renaissance still lifes, but mostly they just give me mad cravings:





chocolate ganache, raspberry and pistachio pancake layer cake; chocolate fudge cake; roasted tomato & capsicum; paprika & basil soup; pomegranates

all images from Katie Quinn's website and blog