Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Downton Abbey // The Paper Dolls

I've heard that Downton Abbey isn't as big a thing in the UK as it is in North America. I've also heard that this might be because the class system as portrayed in the series hits too close to home to most Britains, in that it still very much exists, or something like that.

Whatever the case, I'm about ready to start watching Season 1 for the second time, but trying to pace myself because it will be a while before the third season starts. And Mad Men starts soon. In the meantime, I'm considering printing out these printable Downton dolls. I just love the dowager (and her assortment of emotions - what is a week-end!) and think that illustrator Kyle Hilton got them spot-on. I hope he's planning on putting out more of the cast...

He's also, I've discovered, done paper dolls of the Bluth family (Arrested Development...) and Ryan Gosling as The Driver in the movie Drive. They can be found on his tumblr.