Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year's Resolution #2: More Dancing

For the second year in a row, I rang in the New Year on the makeshift dancefloor (aka kitchen) of my dear friends. Last year's resolution (Don't be lame, Don't cop out) was, I think, a great success. The secret to it's success was that it was so vague, and likely also that I finished grad school, thereby freeing up more time to go out since I wasn't tied up with assignments/readings/thesis.

BTW, Resolution No. 1 (Stop picking at/biting nails) came about by accident and had everything to do with a certain bottle of Chanel nailpolish (26$!) I bought on the 22nd of December. It was a shade I had been coveting for a long time, and I figured the polish deserved more than my scraggly nails so I bought a nail file. So far, success.

Music to inspire more dancing in 2011...

this one happens to be a favourite of my 6-month-old niece:



I vaguely remember throwing this one into the mix on NYE c/o youtube (it was quite a hit):