Friday, January 21, 2011

Things to Do in a Blizzard

1. Bake giant blueberry muffins.

2. Watch the snow fall with your 7-month-old niece and teach her every word or term you know that contains 'snow'. There are many so you might not even notice that she isn't keeping up with her end of the conversation.




3. While watching the snow fall and building a snow vocabulary, watch your niece as she tries to eat the window you're staring out of. Capturing the moment on camera helps so other people can appreciate the moment, too.




4. Nap.

5. Catch up on movies. Alice in Wonderland is on ondemand at the moment, so I decided on that one. It was entertaining, but I wasn't crazy about it.  I did however really like Alice's dresses. Especially the strapless number that the Mad Hatter whips together when she shrinks and has to hide in a teapot.


Most people that I've heard talk about the movie mentioned how odd the ending was, but I thought it redeemed the movie of all the special effects and hoopla. I was sure that Johnny Depp was going to appear on the ship, though, reincarnated as a ship's officer or tradesmen. Disappointing.