Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love 'n Stuff


My Friday will be entirely devoted to watching the Future King and Queen of England get hitched. I have every intention of waking up at 4am (5am at the latest) to catch the arrival of the wedding guests before the ceremony and then later in the afternoon we're having a Wedding Party (complete with proper attire, wedding cake, scones, and g&ts, naturally) to watch the full production all over again. 

Charles and Diana's wedding was airing over the weekend and I learned that some of the guests arrived up to three hours prior to the ceremony, and although Westminster Abbey's capacity is far less than St. Paul's Cathedral (1900 guests compared with 3500 guests), thereby not requiring as much time to be ushered into the Cathedral (I wonder if there are call times printed on the invites?!), I'm guessing they will still arrive a few hours prior to the ceremony. Hence the early wake up; I don't want to miss anything. 

I know of so many people who are over-the-moon excited about this wedding, myself included. Maybe because we weren't around or were too young to watch the last Royal Wedding in 1981. 

Wedding tchotchkes and fun bridal literature in honour of tomorrow's events:

image via polyvore


images via abebooks.com


Dolly Parton singing He's Going to Marry Me