Monday, May 2, 2011

Spring Greens With Sunday Dinner

With the warmer weather that we've been having lately, I've been craving lighter fares like these salads with herbs, watercress and spring greens. So simple, so perfect with Sunday night dinner (or any night of the week).



I normally use a lemon-based vinaigrette, but I found this incredibly tasty and creamy dressing on not without salt's blog that I intend to make many times in the coming months. 

Vinaigrette

3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tbsp vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
1 minced shallot
1/2 tsp honey
2 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

For the salad I used a package of mixed greens with herbs and added a handful of shredded mint and cilantro, 3 thinly sliced radishes, and a large handful of sliced purple seedless grapes. 


image from not without salt


image from la buena vida