Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Industrial Desk Lamps Revisited

I'm still without the industrial desk lamp that I've been coveting for a while now. I keep discovering new versions so that I'm flip flopping back and forth between the traditional sleek polished aluminum and a softer more modernist take that varies the materials - but I'm also not one to buy online without seeing it in person first (especially when the price tags are often really high) and I haven't seen any in store that I like, so right now I'll have to be content with internet perusing. 

This one is such a nice twist on the polished aluminum, like a grown-up version of a classic design. (It's from Laura Ashley of all places!) After I came across it I noticed there are quite a few out there that use a similar combination of natural wood and metal. 










Image sources:

1. Coby lamp from Laura Ashley as pictured in Livingetc (December 2011)
2. Desk lamp from Cox and Cox
3. Excel desk lamp from Roll & Hill
4. Albury desk lamp from Rowen & Wren
5. Roving Rays lamp from anthropologie (it's now on sale!)