Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Waiting for Bonlook

I've been wearing glasses for nearly twenty years. Twenty long years hiding behind frames. Eleven of them spent in ill-fitting 90s wire frames; the last nine in plastic - first a deep purple, then a funky mossy green (oops, then an off year where I decided wire frames were cool again), then to tortoise shell.

Today I'm antsy because there's a Fedex truck out there (as of 3:38am) with my new glasses on it. The frames are "midnight blue" plastic and extremely flattering on my small face - but I haven't technically tried them on. Bonlook has a virtual feature where your computer's camera supplies them with your live image so that you can see what you would look like wearing them. That me looks great in them. Anxious.

1. My new glasses
2. The glasses I was truly tempted to get, and that sort of reminded me of how I looked in ill-fitting 90s wire frames, only much cooler because they're tortoise shell and turquoise