Friday, November 4, 2011

Sweet Tooth

Be forewarned: this post is not for the weak of will and may induce serious cravings. The days are getting shorter and colder, so naturally I've been gravitating to the kitchen, mostly to make soups and breads, but ever since my Thanksgiving pumpkin custard tart triumph I've had the urge to bake. 

I've been salivating over these desserts and waiting for just the right occasions to make them for a while now ... and am still waiting, because were I to make them on a whim (like I've nearly done several times over the last two weeks), they would sit on my counter and taunt me until consumed. Especially that pumpkin s'more cake. Unreal. 

For real, though, I may just start at the bottom of this page with the apple hand pies (hand pies!) and work my way up. Or I may just surrender after the pies and make these beauties, which I've been lusting after for a while: homemade twix bars. Enjoy...


pumpkin s'more cake 


dark chocolate salted caramel tart 


harvest cake with vanilla cream 
from roost


lemon raspberry breakfast rolls


cheddar apple hand pies