Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bedridden

Waking up with a neck so stiff and sore that standing up hurts was not what I was expecting to contend with on the first Sunday in December. The local crafter's society was having their annual holiday craft fair this weekend and today was the day I had set aside for that. I had also hoped to get a head start on cleaning and maybe do some baking. Instead I've been stuck in bed with an ice pack, propped up on pillows, only managing to get up a few times to put in a load of laundry and retrieve the weekend Globe and Mail.

Thank goodness for the internet and its endless entertaining capabilities. After reading the paper version of the Globe (well, the news and style sections...), I perused the New Yorker online, including this article by Adam Gopnik on YA fantasy, I searched for new Christmas music on itunes (and old music too), made an Ikea wishlist, and now I'm finally getting around to watching Downton Abbey.

Eartha Kitt sings Santa Baby


The cast of Glee sings All I Want for Christmas is You


Hanson singing Merry Christmas Baby