Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winter Essential: Wool Blankets

After what seems like an unusually extended autumn (no complaints), it's getting to be that time of year when the freezing temperatures make for icy slumbers. Why are my toes always so COLD at night? Hot water bottles are necessary and so effective, but cozy wool blankets are what I'm wanting. More is ideal, think trapped under the weight of them all. Plus they can be so pretty. 

I almost bought a very rugged and woodsy red and black pendleton blanket from Roots. Then I almost bought a very Scandinavian looking red and white blanket from a market stall selling McAusland blankets that are woven on Prince Edward Island. I have no idea what stopped me. Come January I will definitely regret those decisions.




1. pendleton red plaid
2. PEI mcausland striped 
3. pendleton installation at MFA Boston
4. pia wellon crux blanket in grey