Monday, March 28, 2011

Cake Fit for a (Future) King

The Royal Wedding has an official website, and on this site they have now posted about the wedding cakes that the bride and groom have requested. Prince William's choice is a cookie cake - that's right, a cake made with McVitie's chocolate biscuits. Classy. And I say that without a hint of sarcasm, that cake looks delicious. And covered with chocolate? Even better.

I am hugely, unabashedly excited for this wedding. There hasn't been anything like it during my lifetime and I'm hoping it will be every bit as glamourous as Charles' and Diana's. Luckily I don't work on Fridays, but I know of some people who are already requesting the day off work so they can watch it live. April 29th. Maybe I'll have to bake a cookie cake for the occasion??


Image of Grace Kelly's wedding to Prince Ranier III via Vanity Fair's slide show