Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fall Reminiscing: Mast Brothers Chocolate Factory in Brooklyn

Maybe it was the wine, but last night I couldn't for the life of me remember what I had done on my trip to NYC/Brooklyn in September. Thankfully I took pictures. 

These were taken at the Mast Brothers Chocolate Factory in Williamsburg. They open their doors on the weekends and provide tours through their small factory space. The girl leading our tour really knew her chocolate and taught us tons about the cacao bean before showing us how their chocolate is made.






I first heard about them on The Selby and when my friend sent me a list of potential things to do while I was in town I was very excited to see that they had tours. We sampled a lot of ridiculously good chocolate that day - including almond with sea salt (sooo good) and serrano peppers (hot and spicy!). And also took some home (the last picture is my haul).