Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Purchases

Saturday (while cold) was a nice day, so I ventured to the farmer's market with my sister and our baby niece for some fresh air and to check out the scene. We were planning to pick up some sourdough loaves from my favourite bakery but figured that walking around in the cold might harden them - so instead I picked up these two cacti to brighten up my room. My new low-maintenance pets now have me thinking about planting some succulents in amongst my herbs this year.

After walking around a bit and stopping in at David's Tea to meet up with a friend, we then stumbled upon a shoe sale. Wedges are by far my go-to shoe and I couldn't resist this canvas lace up...and also this open-toe leather crisscross sandal! I wore the leather Dolce Vita's to the ballet on Saturday night (with a pair of socks so as to prevent freezing). I'm predicting these to be my summer staple.


Chelsea Crew Canvas Sari Wedge

Dolce Vita Pela Leather Wedge